About DECA Games
We believe that games should be played for decades but many are abandoned even when a loyal community is screaming to keep them alive. DECA specializes in acquiring games from other developers and reinvigorating them to continue to entertain for decades. When other studios see an old game, we see a fantastic set of problems to solve and a huge opportunity.
DECA is a remote company with over 290 people in over 31 countries globally. DECA has been profitable since our inception in 2016. DECA is also a part of the Embracer Group, the largest public gaming company in Europe.
About our culture
We’ve managed to maintain a small company feel with the stability and resources of a much larger one. We fully believe in the flexibility of a remote workplace. Team members are trusted to manage their time and get things done independently. We think that egos and politics need to be checked at the virtual door. That means no jerks are allowed, that no job is too small for anyone, and an openness to help and learn from each other is required. We love the challenge of working within constraints and love when we succeed as a team. Check out more about us and our values on our website (www.decagames.com).
This is a remote position. Our working schedule is in the CET timezone (9 a.m. - 6 p.m. CET).
We are looking for a QA Tester with experience in the Video Game industry to work with our multi-talented team to ensure the delivery of high-quality products to our customers.
With a keen eye for detail and excellent communication skills, you will ensure that our games, features, and systems work as expected and that we deliver bug-free content on time. Working together with the rest of the QA team, the development department as well and the various stakeholders, you will have the opportunity to understand all the internal dynamics and impact the way we build our product processes.
In this role you will have the opportunity to work with many other disciplines such as design, LiveOps, business intelligence, and development engineering, to build and test products that meet the overall business needs. This is a dynamic role with high exposure to many aspects of developing and running a unique game.
If this sounds like you, we would love to meet you and discuss it further!
- Perform manual functional testing across the company’s PC, web, and mobile platforms (iOS, Android): Dev Testing, LiveOps Production testing, Development testing functionality and Manual Testing, smoke tests, Unit Testing, regression as well as any additional ad hoc tests both in development, Production and Live Phase.
- Report in real-time proactively with stakeholders regarding QA operations with game defects, and Quality concerns from an end-user perspective including complete steps, identification of root cause, and expected results into communication channels and appropriate bug tracking software along with back-to-back follow-ups until the regression phase.
- Creating and sending test reports upon completion of test activities and actively involved in planning and solving with stakeholders.
- Follow up on issues with the team to ensure that they are fixed and delivered to end users.
- Developing test plans with a strategic selection of test methodologies in advance during the development phase.
- Proactively communicate concerns and risks to Product Teams in a professional manner.
- Creation and maintenance of written documentation of knowledge and processes.
- Assist in backlog and defect grooming with the Producers and Cross Department Leads.
- Owning features and ensuring they are tested thoroughly with assurance of the Quality of the product to be shipped globally.
- 1 - 2 years experience in quality control and assurance of Video Games.
- Experience in Coordinating QA operations with the Production Team and other Departments.
- Good knowledge of Jira.
- Experience in a remote working culture is a must.
- Experienced in at least one bug-tracking software and the ability to create detailed and efficient documentation.
- Fluent in English and a good communicator, both written and spoken.
- Proven ability to handle stressful situations, prioritize tasks, and meet tight deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills with high motivation, drive to improve, and capacity to learn.
- Able to work independently, adjust to last-minute changes, and understanding of how to prioritize tasks.
- Fully functional PC/laptop - Windows with stable Internet connection with minimum 50Mbps.
- Android and iOS devices dedicated to QA testing.
Nice to have
- Experience with mobile, MMO, and free-to-play games.
- Competency in MS Office and Google Suite.
- Knowledge of the Game Development Process.
- Passion for gaming in various game genres and having played them on various platforms.
- ISTQB certification.
- Remote first company culture.
- Flexible work hours to support personal work-life balance.
- Weekly remote Embodiment@Work breathing and workout exercises.
- Online language classes: English, German, French, Spanish, etc.
- Working in a multicultural environment with people from over 31 different countries.
- Flat hierarchies with an open-door policy.